[Ansteorra] Waterlord

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Mon May 26 13:34:50 PDT 2003

<sigh>
Folks, there is a never-ending search going on for a site that offers what
Canton does:  lots of camping areas, easy access to water and
handicapped-accessible camping, large air conditioned hall, wide open spaces
for activities, allowances for equestrians and coursers, and a bath house.
Several of us spend a lot of time researching and visiting potential sites.
So far, not one has been able to measure up to Canton, even with that
kid-dangerous "stage", the looters, and the flood-able areas added to the
equation.
Someone commented that there is lots of camping space we don't use, for some
odd reason in favor of the areas that do flood.  In most years, those areas
don't flood, and they're more pleasant - trees, and nearness to bath house
and activities and merchants.  The un-used areas are behind the Hall, in
full view and easy reach of the mundane looters and their ilk.  In fact,
those areas were used this year for overflow _parking_!
I, too, would like to know if there is a way we can be of service to those
who lost much.

Gerita