[Ansteorra] More Thanks and Wordfame

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Wed May 28 17:05:07 PDT 2003

I, too, have a word of thanks and wordfame concerning the flooding at
Warlord this last weekend.

After a night spent with 7 other gentles in our large red Viking tent which
rode out this flood as easily as it did the Bjornsborg flood at White Water
Sports several years ago, I was up to my knees in brown goo and muck...tired
from not sleeping most of the night but grateful that I and mine were mostly
ok...and grieving for those who did not fare as well...Only 1 item of ours
had gone floating downstream...our table...I reasoned that it was halfway to
Houston by then...when a gentleman who's name I never got came walking up
the road asking if any one knew Thorgard and Annes?? I said I was she, and
he and two other lovely men promptly returned our errant table! These
gentles had been out in the early light snagging items from the receeding
waters and goo and searching for the owners of those who had the foresight
to put their names on the items. I did thank them but regretfully I did not
ask for their names. If they read my words here or someone knows who they
were, they have my gratitude and the promise of a drink and a sup at my camp
at any future event where our paths may cross again. Just look for the big
red Viking tent. Vivat for these snaggers of the lost flotsam!
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen