[Ansteorra] Warlord XXX Lost & Flotsam - Clothing, Bedding, Purses, Tableware

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat May 31 06:07:07 PDT 2003

Because so many items were collected, and the message would be R-E-A-L-L-Y L-O-N-G if we put it all together, we are listing the items in different messages.  See titles for the things included in each message; there will be three messages in total.

These are the items collected by staff and those turned in to the hall before the event ended.  A number of items were claimed by people who came to the hall, this is what is left.  PLEASE NOTE: We did dry any fabric or leather items that were wet (two dryer loads, not counting leather items that dried in the sun), spread out tarps and things to dry, rinsed out coolers and musical instruments, and did our best to salvage the items.  However, we did not wash or repair anything.  Many still have mud on or in them and will need further cleaning, especially the furniture.

If several items were left together, they are included in the same listing.  "LIH" means the item was left in the hall; other items came from outside.  Some items had names and we were able to track down the owners; those items do not appear on this list.  Some items had names or identifying material and we couldn't locate the owner; those do appear on that list with the information we have.

If an item is yours and you don't care to have it returned, let us know.  It will then go into Baronial largesse or be auctioned at some future event to benefit a Kingdom cause.

Unless otherwise specified, contact Morgan Cain - morgancain at earthlink.net - or one of the Warlord XXX autocrats to arrange return of your items.

Clothing:

1)    Muslim headdress, white (LIH)

2)    Red cap with purple feather, from children's class (LIH)

3)    One slipper, leather, handmade, tan colour, pointy toe

4)    Sideless surcote, black velveteen, half-lined in green with gold overprint (possibly LIH, soaking wet)

5)    Three pairs white socks, all different (LIH)

6)    One black sock

7)    pair of orange sabots, "Holland" lion on toe, size 28-1/2 or 44

8)    Purple tunic with red/white/green trim (LIH)
        brush
        flashlight

9)    Brown "fur" triangle - shawl or ruana?  (LIH)

 10)    Green tote, looks like fighter's tote, containing:
        one pair red pants, unhemmed
        one white shirt with painted insignia on sleeves
        one white shirt, plain
        Longship Trading shirt, navy, size XL
        one knitted footless socklike thingy
        four towels, assorted
        blue/gold belt with LOTS of favours, a mughanger, and stuff
        brown leather belt tooled with celtic birds
        Patrick Michael and Julia V coin

11)    Dark red dancer's scarf coin belt

12)    Grey (black/white weave) cloak with blue/grey cotton lining (LIH)
        Purple Mead 70-sheet notebook, first page:  "Feast for 200" with menus
        Brown No Boundaries notebook, inside cover:  "King's Champion Jan. 11, 2003"

13)    Pair gloves, green canvas and grey suede, "Thinsulate"

Bedding:

1)    Bright blue Coleman sleeping bag (LIH)

2)    Navy sleeping bag (LIH)

3)    One pillow, white "paper" cover (LIH)

4)    Black velvet pillow with fringe (LIH)

Purses:

1)    Black leather purse, contains wallet, receipt from use of debit card
        Last four numbers of debit card are 5679
        Wash soaked but dried it is in fine condition.

2)    Black bag/purse, very muddy, contents:
        Silver round box
        Trim in zipper bag - purple/gold
        Two cotton or linen hoods, one red, one green with black embroidery

Tableware, Eating Gear, Drinking Vessels:

1)    Two kitchen spoons, black nylon

2)    Purple ceramic goblet with white band  (LIH)

3)    Grey mug, with rings (LIH)

4)    Wooden bowl, about 8" across, highly lacquered

5)    Wooden plate, about 10" across, small rim

6)    Square trencher

7)    Round pewter dish with rim, art deco-style trim, had contained chocolate

8)    Wooden plate, slightly depressed in centre, about 12" across, incised rim

9)    Large (12" or so) square wooden plate

10)    Large (16-18" across) silver tray, round, about 3/4" deep

11)    Large brass tray with latticework pattern cut in sides/rim.

"In matters of style, swim with the current;
  in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
                                   ---= Thomas Jefferson
"If someone wants a sheep, then that means that he exists."
                 ---= Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Little Prince"
"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky."
                                    ---= Solomon Short