[Ansteorra] best of the best

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 22:06:57 PST 2003

On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 09:43 AM, Zach wrote:
<snip>
> Zach who is decided on a 1200 German persona but has yet a name.
> (maybe there should be a name that German competition?)
There is an SCA heraldic name site that you should take a look at. I'm
pretty certain they will have one or more articles which might help
you. Right now the name and URL for the site have escaped me. But I
know they are both mentioned multiple times in various name related
files in the Florilegium. I also have a few messages meant for a
names-German-msg file, but I haven't created it yet. Let me know by
email and I can send those.
Some of the name files in the PERSONA section of the Florilegium
include:
names-msg         (89K)  3/23/00    Name sources, naming practices.

There are also these which probably won't help you, but perhaps others
here might be interested:
names-Irish-msg   (36K)  4/21/97    Sources and comments on Irish names.
names-Norse-msg   (38K)  4/13/01    Sources and comments on Norse names.
names-Scot-art    (23K)  9/14/95    Article on medieval Scottish names.
names-Scot-msg     (9K)  1/ 2/97    Sources for period Scottish names.
Scot-fem-nam-lst  (14K)  5/21/96    List of Scottish feminine personal
names.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas