[Ansteorra] scadian bad-press day .....

Michael of Langley michaeloflangley at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 05:58:37 PST 2003

Good Gentles,

In any organization, hobby, religous, societal, whatever - the ones that
often receive the most attention are the "notorious" ones.  Guilty or not,
our society is driven by sensationalism and the latest "guess what I
heard!".  Look at the exposure that happened just recently with the priests
of the catholic church, and even before that with the baptist church, with
the boy scouts, etc.  You often hear news reports about police officers, not
for the criminals they removed from the street on a daily basis, but when
one of them falls from grace and is arrested for a crime.

For those that ask, "Aren't you involved in that group?", I say to them : "I
am also a anglo-saxon white male with germanic ancestry - does that make me
a Nazi?"  No, of course not!

How often do people around us speak of 9-11, or Bin Laden, or Saddam
Hussein? This is just further evidence of how our world is affected by the
"out of sight, out of mind" news reporting of the day. This story was
brought to light and will fade just as quickly with the next, exciting (and
depressing) episode of the 6:00 news - followed up with a bad news reminder
at 10:00.

I'm not saying we should "look the other way" or ignore this story at all.
If anything, we should all be more aware - lets be real here.  Parents
should do have the same precautions with ANY ACTIVITY their children are
involved in, and should keep close tabs on their kids. I find this story an
unfortunate one, but as a parent, a sobering reminder that wolves can be
found everywhere, waiting patiently.

As our laws state - this man (whom I have never heard of), is innocent until
proven guilty.  If he is guilty, he should be punished to the fullest extent
of the law, and if not (and I mean REALLY NOT - no technicalities
involved!), cleared of the charges.

Ephesians 5:11
"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

"...Faith is daring the soul to believe what the eyes cannot see..."

Michael of Langley