[Ansteorra] scadian bad-press day .....

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Thu Nov 13 08:18:01 PST 2003

----- Forwarded message from "Sean P. S. Gulick" <sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu> -----
:
:Greetings All,
:
:Let me preface this email with the statement that if the accused is
:guilty he should be punished fully.  However, he is just that accused
:only.  In this country and in all goverments of conscience one is
:innocent until proved guilty.  Thus I strongly suggest we refrain from
:speculations or accusations from any of us here so far removed from
:these events until the outcome of the case is decided.  Let me also say
:that I was Marshall of the Shire of Eisental when Ben the Steward first
:became the master of the page school.  During my time in Pennsylvania I
:never saw nor "felt" that anything was wrong.  All allegations occurred
:after I left to come join you in Ansteorra, but I can't help feeling
:that if he is the monster they accuse him of being I would have sensed
:something.  However, I understand that anyone can be fooled.  Everyone
:in the SCA whom ever was involved with Ben is feeling guilty, ashamed,
:and angry over this incident and the seneschal in Eisental is
:undoubtedly being inundated with phone calls.  However, it is possible
:that Ben is innocent and we owe him, the system, and the families
:involved their day in court.  So again lets not add to the speculation
:and let this matter rest until the ruling comes down.
:
:In service and with sadness,
:Sir Gideon MacLeod
:
:P.S. Should anyone be questioned by the press regarding these issues the
:policy is to refer such questions to Meg Baron, President of the SCA.
:
:>
:>----- Forwarded message from jay yeates <jyeates at realtime.net> -----
:>