[Ansteorra] illumination suggestions please

Colète d'Évreux Colete at StickJock.com
Mon Nov 17 10:58:27 PST 2003

Thora,

    What era are you seeking. Anything specific? Here are the links I use for illumination research.:

* http://www.kb.nl/kb/manuscripts/
Medieval Illuminated Manuscripts
(My favorite site. Try the "Expert Search" for specific time-frames, subjects, origin, etc.)

* http://www.bnf.fr/enluminures/aaccueil.htm
The Age of King Charles V

Gaston Phoebus, Book of the Hunt

* http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cantigas/
The Cantigas de Santa Maria
The Cantigas de Santa Maria medieval-era manuscripts were written during the reign of Alfonso X "El Sabio" (1221-1284)

* http://www.belser.com/manuscri.htm
BELSER WISSENSCHAFTLICHER DIENST
Manuscripts available on CD-ROM.

* http://www.library.upenn.edu/special/gallery/schoenberg/schoenberg.html
Bibliotheca Schoenbergensis

* http://www.byu.edu/~hurlbut/dscriptorium/
DScriptorium

* http://www.ee.bilkent.edu.tr/~history/early.html
Islamic Illumination

* http://www.leavesofgold.org
Leaves of Gold

* http://randyasplund.com/browse/medieval/burnisher.html
Making a Medieval Burnisher
Fairly simple instructions for making a burnisher. Essential for gilding, but comes in handy for smoothing out metallic gouaches as well.

* http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/medievalbelle/lst?&.dir=/SCA-My+Illumination&.src=ph&.view=t
(A couple of my own pieces)

I hope these help.

~Madame Colete