[Ansteorra] A Special Challenge

TJBVKelley at aol.com TJBVKelley at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 15:47:12 PDT 2003

Greetings good folk of Ansteorra,

       As Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg, Brianna and I issue this
challenge!

       If you are a fighter, do you consider yourself to be a warrior of
skill and prowess?

       If you enjoy cheering on your favorite fighter from the sidelines, do
you miss the spectacle of a good battle between combatants using a crushing
mace or a deadly axe?  If so, read on!

       On the weekend of October 17th through the 20th, Ansteorra is invited
to the fabled lands of Bjornsborg to witness the naming of its next band of
"Heroes."  Fighters and their sponsors will be welcomed to either the field of
the Lady Argent or the Lady Azure.  Yes, there will be individual challenge
matches, battles between teams, bridge battles, combat a'cheval (from simulated
horseback), plus a special battle where the "chosen ones" will meet the
"world"!  Great fame and prizes await the victors.  Medallions will be awarded to
those performing the "Deeds of Heroes"!

       And yet, there is one more challenge.

       Of course, the Baroness and I enjoy the spectacle of a well-fought
bout using sword, spear, or glaive.  However, it has been too long since the
crushing blow of a mace echoed across the field.
It has been too long since the sun sparkled off the axe's keen edge before it
bites deep into steel or flesh.
Therefore, a finely crafted mace and a handsome battle-axe will be awarded
the two warriors who best "employ" these dreaded weapons!

       The challenge has been made.  Take up the wager if strength is in your
arm, if desire beats in your heart!

       We look forward to seeing you at "Deeds of Heroes."
       We await your letters of intent.

Emrys and Brianna,
Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg

<A HREF="http://www.bjornsborg.org/">http://www.bjornsborg.org/</A>