[Ansteorra] best of the best

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Thu Oct 30 08:33:00 PST 2003

At 06:58 AM 10/30/2003 -0800, you wrote:

Zach,

The oath requires you to promise that you and your consort are willing and
able to serve as Crown if you win.  If each person had to promise that they
wanted the crown you would see the lists shrink.  Duke Lloyd told me years
ago that he felt it was the duty of each fighter to compete in Crown
tourney to insure the quality of the list.  Of course we were a lot smaller
back then but the spirit of his comment is true even today.  Many fighters
enter crown to test their mettle against the best.  Others enter to insure
the quality of the list or to try and win the day.  Whatever your reason I
encourage any fighter that can take the sword oath to enter into Crown and
participate in one of the most extraordinary events this Kingdom has to
offer.

Sir Burke