[Ansteorra] Scarborough Faire Demo Possibility

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Thu Oct 30 00:32:25 PST 2003

As I have already posted this to Ansteorra Announce, and received many
private emails from people who have expressed an interest in helping out, I
would like to start the discussion here to see what most people within the
Kingdom think. Thank you to all who have contacted me privately, I will keep
you all informed either on this list or by private emails.

The GM of Scarborough Faire would very much like to have an SCA presence at
the Faire. The Faire is located in Waxahachie TX which is about 30 minutes
south of Dallas of I-35E. The dates for the Faire are April 10, 2004 through
Memorial Day, which will conflict with a number of large events within the
Kingdom based on the current unofficial calendar. However on the days of
large events such as Warlord, Crown Tourney, etc. he has indicated that a
minimal presence (a few people to hand out flyers, keep an eye on the
displays, etc) would be more than acceptable.

In my past conversations with the GM he has indicated that those who are
participating will receive passes for the day/s that they choose to work  We
would be starting out small, and will need to use pavilions as our cover.
They would want A&S displays, Fighting Demos, and pretty much anything else
we would normally do. Dress would be period garb, with all mundanities
covered up as possible.

If anyone has any questions or concerns that they feel should be brought up,
please let me know on the list or privately.

In Service to the Crown and the Dream
Tiarna Dohmnall Dubh O'Ruairc
Central Regional Hospitaler
Kingdom of Ansteorra