[Ansteorra] Sorta Off Topic? - Corsetry

Zubeydah zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Sep 10 05:35:36 PDT 2003

---- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan li Rous" <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Sorta Off Topic? - Corsetry
(Snippage)
> I really don't consider this subject off topic for this list since this
> is about the clothing worn during the time period we study. And for
> those who aren't aware of it, there is a big difference between the
> comfort of the Victorian corsets and the Elizabethan ones. The
> Elizabethan ones don't try to rearrange the lady's body into unnatural
> positions and curves the way the Victorian ones did.
> Stefan

Off-topic, since I need it for foundation for an out-of-SCA event... and
will probably be going for one of those 're-arrange' style Victorians
(nip/tuck/lift/etc.) which are out of period... just didn't know the
difference (at the time) of Victorian Vs Elizabethan.

But thank you for the information!

-zubeydah