[Ansteorra] Shadowlands Demo

Patrick P darienwylde at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 07:54:47 PDT 2003

Sorry for the late(at this point really late notice)
about this demo.  It hectic getting things together,
and I didn't think about posting to this list until
someone reminded me last night.

The Shire of the Shadowlands(College Station, TX) is
holding a demo in conjunction with an Open House
display at Texas A&M University on Sunday, September
7, 2003, from 2pm-6pm. We are trying to attract some
new members as well as show everyone what we're about.

We have plenty of room for chivalric and rapier list
fields and invite you all to come down and help by
demonstrating fighting, or any other crafts you may
have. We are trying to get as many people as we can
down here so we can make a good show of it.  If anyone
wants to come show A&S, we will have two pavilions set
up, or if you just want to show up and talk to
interested parties.  We will actually be there from
around 1pm to 7pm, but the Open House is scheduled
from 2-6.

Thank you for trying to come, here are the best
directions to the site:

Take your best route to Highway 6.  Travel south on
Highway 6, then take the University Drive exit and
take a right onto University Drive. You will continue
on University past Texas Avenue(big intersection), you
will then see the university on your left. You need to
get into the right hand lane, and take the Wellborn
Road exit(it is right before an underpass and right
next to an old 50s diner), take a left on Wellborn.
Continue a short distance on Wellborn and take a left
on Old Main Drive, onto campus at the intersection
next to the clocktower. There is a circle around the
clocktower, take the first right(at this time you will
see Simpson Drill Field to the left), take the next
left to stay next to the field, then one more left to
put you on the side of the field we will be on(the
opposite end from the clocktower). You should be able
to park to unload on the right shoulder of the road
and then someone we guide you to where to park.

If you happen to miss the Wellborn exit and go through
the underpass, don't panic. Take the first left, which
is Olsen Blvd., and follow that through two curves,
and then take a left onto Old Main Drive(four lane
road with median going over the railroad tracks), you
will be going straight towards the clocktower when you
make this turn. Then continue to follow the original
directions.

If you decide to take Highway 21 into town(coming from
the west), take HW 21, exit right on 47, drive a ways,
then take a left onto 60, drive a few miles(you will
go past 2818 aka Harvey Mitchell Parkway) then turn
right onto Wellborn Road and pick up the original
directions from there.

If you are coming in on Highway 30(from the east), 30
will make a 90 degree turn or you can continue
straight on 158, continue straight on 158 and turn
left onto 60.  60 will turn into University Drive
after crossing over Highway 6.  Continue with the
original directions from this point.  If you stay on
60 instead of going on 158, go north on 6 and take the
University drive exit.

If you are coming from the south, take your best route
to Highway 6, take the Univeristy Drive exit and take
a left on University Drive.  Follow original
directions from this point.

In case you get lost of need clarification, you can
call my cell phone at 979-224-1976.

Thank you for your help, and we will see you Sunday.

In Service,

Darien Wylde
of the House Wylde
Shire of the Shadowlands