[Ansteorra] Introductions

RIII4ever at aol.com RIII4ever at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 06:47:40 PDT 2003

Greetings, Hail and well met populace of Ansteorra and in particular the Barony of Elfsea;

I have been a member of the society since 1986 in and around various branches in Ansteorra and further afield. After a decade away from the region ( unless you count a brief sojourn near Rosenfeld ) I have returned home. While I have been inactive for quite sometime it has been my desire to become involved in the society on a more regular basis and was one of the factors in selecting this region.
So let me introduce myself, In the SCA I am Stephan of Monmouth ( per pale or and sable a cross of jerusalem counterchanged). I have no real persona story however I am a die hard Yorkist ever missing the loss of our most beloved monarch Richard III.
I real life I am Steve Townley. Profesionaly I am the Director of Student Ministries at the First United Methodist Church in Mansfield.During the summer I direct a summer camp. Aside from the SCA I am involved in the Richard III society and several other historical endeavors.
In the society I am interested in learning heavy weapons combat as well as the finer art of Medieval dance and courtly behavior.
I am interested in serving as well. I believe that if an organization is to flourish those involved must be willing to give of time, effort and resources. I work with teens and children on a daily basis and while it is my job it is also something I enjoy so I would not mind serving the ministry of children in some way. I spend a good deal of my time planning large and small scale events and would love to help with autocrating- I can also wash dishes and move tables with the best of them.
My new home is in Mansfield, I thought it would be Arlington but Mansfield it is.
Thats that and I look forward to meeting many of you over the next few months. I find I am much more likely to be active when I serve so someone pleae ask me to serve somewhere soon.

Stephan of Monmouth
A prodigal son returned.