[Ansteorra] Of SCA membership interest

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 16:02:09 PDT 2004

Whoa!

I know Master Francois, and I take issue with this
post. He is a kind and gentle person who has done an
enormous amount of work for the Kingdom of Ansteorra
and for the Society as a whole, and this is an
extraordinarily inappropriate attack on his character.

I wholeheartedly encourage anyone who disagrees with
the College of Herald's recent change in policy to
express their opinions to Francois and his successor,
but I think it behooves us - especially those of us
who are peers or royal peers - to express those
opinions through polite and logical discourse, rather
than resorting to heated emotional appeals and
name-calling on society-wide lists.

The implication that the decision was based on some
sort of gender bias is patently untrue - the intent
was to bring SCA practice into line with period
practice. Everyone, before you write to Laurel with
your opinions, please take the time to read the text
of original decision.

Regards,
Countess Sara Penrose
Ansteorra