[Ansteorra] Elfsea Springfaire

Stefen and Rhonda Hays housedragonstar at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 4 15:29:13 PDT 2004

Greetings to the populace of Ansteorra from Lady Elisabeth Pendarvis and
Lady Medb Liath!

The grass is greening, the trees are covered with new leaves, and the
flowers are blooming.  It must be time for Springfaire!!!

Their Excellencies, Armand and Ameline bid you come join them next weekend,
yes, next weekend, April 9-11 in Elfsea as we all celebrate the coming of
Spring and the selection of our Titled Artisan, Titled Bard, and,of course,
Their Travesty, the King of Fools.

We have a lovely new site with terranced lawns and waterfalls just waiting
for you to come out and enjoy a day filled with fun and frolic.

Our activities include:

Elfsea Titled Artisan:  up to three items, made in the last three years.
Tables are provided.
Elfsea Titled Bard:  first round, poem story or song, five minute time
limit.  Final round, do your best work.
King of Fools:  impress the secret judges with your ability to illicit
smiles and laughter from the populace.
Tournaments:  chivalric, rapier, archery.  There will fighting in the
morning and in the afternoon.
Youth Combat:  our youth will take the list field first.
Children's Activities:  search for Easter Eggs, many of which will contain
spectacular prizes in the morning and spend the afternoon learning how to
decorate your own eggstravagant works of art.

Site is Willow Lake Farm and Nursury in Weatherford, Texas.  Take your best
route to the intersection of US180 and State Hwy 51 in the heart of
Weatherford.  The newly renovated Parker County courthouse sits in the
middle of this intersection.  Follow the traffic circle around to emerge on
US180 heading west.  Site is 4.8 miles west of the courthouse, on the north
side of the highway.

Site opens at 4pm on Friday and will close at 11:00am on Sunday.

Site fees are $10 for ages 13 and above, $5 for 12 and under, free for 5 and
under.  A sideboard will be available for lunch at no cost.  Feast in the
evening is limited to 75 and reservations are going fast.  Contact
ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net for your reservation for evening feast.  Cost is
$5.00.

More details are available in this month's Black Star and at our website at
http://www.ansteorra.org/exit.php?link=http://home.earthlink.net/%7Edmriney/Elfsea_Springfaire.htm

We hope to see all of you next weekend at Elfsea Springfaire!

Elisabeth and Medb,
Co-Stewards