[Ansteorra] Question 4/24

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Apr 25 15:29:24 PDT 2004

mike young wrote:

>>However, most of us ancient folk started in the SCA when we were in
>>

>college
>

>>and had no money, cruddy cars that got 8 MPG, and so forth.
>>

>I once went to a war in the Outlands (Clovis New Mexico) in a truck that
>used as much oil as it did gas...

I think that was my van actually.  And to be fair it only used a quart
of oil for every tank of gas and it was a 36 gallon tank at that.

>our food for the trip was stuff we'd taken out of the college cafeteria and
>put in tuperware containers stashed in a shire members purse and tuna from
>Kroger that was on sale for 25 cents a can
>...oohhh...the good old days. LOL
>gwyneth

Dont forget the cheap white bread, cheap hotdogs (maybe there was some
meat in them) and the plochmans yellow mustard.

It's amazing how little hardship brings people close.

Now that I have money and can afford to drive what I want, go to what events I want, wear what I want, eat what I want, camp with who I want, travel with who I want (or not and no more cramming 10+ people into my van for a trip to war),  I dont enjoy the events any more than I did back then.

--

HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com