[Ansteorra] Re: Question 4/24 (change)

Susan catmafia at direcway.com
Tue Apr 27 12:05:30 PDT 2004

At 12:53 PM 4/27/2004, you wrote:
>I have sat and read all of the commentary on this question and a thought
>has occurred to me.  The cost of living (here represented by the price of
>gas) has always effected how we collectively participate in the SCA.  One
>of the basic tenants of this game is that we can and do travel to the
>different areas in the Kingdom (you can substitute region, area, barony,
>etc.).  If the cost of travel becomes prohibitive (however you choose
>measure it) then it seems to me that a change in one of the fundamental
>aspects of the SCA may have to occur.
>
>Burke

This is a very good point.  It is a far cry from the travel costs of say
Draconwald, but the costs will effect how much money is needed for the 6
months of traveling (plus 2 or 3 as heirs) as Crown.  It is definatly
something people will have to factor in when seeing if they can afford to
win, I wonder if it will change the number fielded in this next Crown Tourney.

Susan