[Ansteorra] Laurel's Prize Tourney

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 11:28:11 PDT 2004

Just wanted to say what a wonderful time I had at
Laurel's Prize Tourney this past weekend! There were
lots of amazing displays of a broad range of arts from
all over the kingdom. I was very impressed with the
skill and talent of Ansteorra's artisans.

Several of the Laurels sponsored contests to recognize
skill in a particular field. Those reconized included:
Lady Lucia Piazetta - Best Use of Sheep (sponsored by
Mistress Clare RosMuire St. John)
HL Clara von Ulm - Best Folkloric Middle Eastern or
Hindi Dance (sponsored by Duchess Willow de Wisp)
HL Mot Cather - Best Wall Hanging (sponsored by
Duchess Willow de Wisp)
Baroness Oriana della Francesco - Best Adaptation of a
Book of Hours (sponsored by Master Darius of the
Bells)
HL Radegunde of Tours - Most Period C&I
Project(sponsored by Master Darius of the Bells)
Don Brian mac Cael - Best Map (sponsored by Master
Darius of the Bells)

I was unable to attend any of the bardic, but heard
good things about it. Hopefully, someone can post
further details.

Several people were recognized by the Crown during
court for their exceptional artistic achievement.
Lady Serafina de Gratia received a Sable Thistle for
Woodcuts.
HL Ebergardis von Zell received an Iris of Merit.
I believe there was an additional Iris given, but,
shamefully, I have forgotten who the recipient was.
Can someone fill us in?

It was a terrific event. Kudos to the many people who
made it all happen, including Mistress Hillary and her
wonderful staff, Mistress Jehanne, Mistress Gwyneth,
Master Oxlade, Master Ihon, and Dona Antonia.

And most of all, VIVAT to all the artisans who brought
their beautiful work to the event to share with those
of us who were fortunate enough to attend!

Warm regards,
Mistress Sara Penrose