[Ansteorra] At the caravan's end

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 4 20:15:43 PDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 7:24 PM, Mahee wrote:
> The long pilramege has almost come to end. My camels are settled here
> in the Kingdom of AnTir. The great people of the Barony of Glynn Mere
> came out and helped me unload. One of them was Ansteorra's own
> Mistress Regina. Once I have my heard totally settled, I will let all
> know where the Sultan has chosen to house me. I miss the great Kingdom
> already. I am not sure what to think when they told me here the Crown
> Tourney, which is coming up soon will ONLY have 3000 member attend,
> and ONLY 300 fighters in the list.
Along that line, I highly recommend that folks who move to another SCA
area, and this can apply within a kingdom as well as from one kingdom
to another, take a look at these files in the Florilegium. Hopefully
paying attention to some of this will keep you from getting off on the
wrong foot in your new area:
SCA-trans-msg     (18K)  1/ 4/96    How to handle the move from one
group to
                                        another. For the people in the
group too.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-trans-msg.html
Othr-Newcomrs-art (16K)  2/23/03    "The 'Other' Newcomers" by Lady
Wilhelmina
                                        Catharin de Rochelle. For SCA
folks
                                        moving from one group to another.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Othr-Newcomrs-art.html

Best of luck in your new kingdom, Mahee.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com