[Ansteorra] Ansteorra's Support of the Troops

Brian_Martin at Dell.com Brian_Martin at Dell.com
Tue Aug 24 09:02:55 PDT 2004

Greetings All,

A little over a month ago, we sent out a challenge to the various groups
in Ansteorra to join the Barony of Bryn Gwlad in sending care packages
to US troops currently deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we'd like
to share with the kingdom some of the progress that has been made in
that effort.

First of all, we have 20 groups in the kingdom that are gathering and
sending packages - 20 groups! That's a tremendous amount of people
pitching in to help our soldiers, sailors, air men and marines. Here are
some excerpts from emails sent by the care package coordinators
describing the turnout and support in their respective groups:

>From Baroness Cienwen in Glaslyn: "I packaged the goodies up last night
to make 3 care packages for SFC Upton to distribute to his troops."

Maria in Elfsea: "I just have to brag on Elfsea!  We have had so many
items donated that I will have to send 2 shipments!  I will be sending
off our first box on Monday to PFC Ashley Cairo in Kabul, Afghanistan."

Geoffrey in Northkeep: "...anyway we have sent off about 60 postcards, 5
or 6 letters, and should have about 8-9 boxes going out this week, on a
side note.. I got so inspired I wrote a little poem and its now on the
anysoldier.us website."

Love of Halesworth in Ravensfort: "Everyone has been absolutely
wonderful about donations and pictures and letters for our soldiers. I
hope to have at least 4 boxes to mail off. I have enough now for almost
2 so I think it is going great."

Elizabeth of Bordermarch: "We have collected a BIG box of stuff, both
practical and a lot of books, as well as money to mail it.  I am
planning to mail it next week."

Hans in Brad Leah: "I have a good sized box from people dropping things
off at my home.  Our populous meeting will be this Sunday, that is when
I hope to receive the vast bulk of the items."

And we're happy to report that Bryn Gwlad has collected a large amount
of donations and have been sending them off in packages to a platoon in
the 7th Cavalry.

There are several more baronies and shires out there collecting and
sending items from which we haven't yet gotten updates, and we want to
say thanks to them as well. We can't wait to hear how there efforts are
going.

Thanks to all of these wonderful people who are helping to support our
troops. We knew that Ansteorra would respond with enthusiastic support
and we weren't disappointed. And if there's anyone out there who wants
to help support the troops but doesn't know how, please just write to us
privately and we'll be happy to share all of the pertinent information.
Thank you all!

Pendaran & Jehanne