[Ansteorra] A question for Ansteorran artisans

Dyan Johnson calendre57 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 05:35:11 PST 2004

  I have read many replies on these questions while some wander to other topics. Personally I think it would be difficult to judge such a competition, many that are current are already so close to having ties among multiple entrants. If the majority wants one, then I will support the idea, however, I don't think one is necessary. All Gulf War entrants are Champions for our Kingdom. All individual group Title Artisans are Champions of this Kingdom. Should it be chosen, I would want my Kingdom's Champion to be decided from a body of work, not just a single item...I consider several of one medium a body of work. I have always been in favor of having categories in a competition & feel this is should be considered for all competitions. Having the competition mingle with Kingdom A&S for Gulf War for convenience sake is only good if everyone wants to have their Kingdom Artisan chosen from a single entry. Having the competition centrally located would allow less travel for those who live
 far, or the comp. could rotate from region to region like Crown Tourney.
  As for duties & responsibilities... call these privileges & believe in giving back to groups who have honored you. Many things are possible, whether helping with their next A&S comp., teaching a class at one of their events, providing scrolls, largess or making an item for the
group. Common courtesy by attending any or all of their events would be more than most do.
  More A&S awards...no need.

Regards,
Dyan

"C. L. Ward" <gunnora at vikinganswerlady.com> wrote:
Greetings from Gunnvor!

Recently I've been participating in discussions with other Laurels
about whether or not Ansteorra should have a titled Kingdom
Artisan, along the same lines as we now have a Kingdom Bard.
Obviously, what *we* think about this doesn't matter nearly as much
as what the artisan community as a whole, and the kingdom at large,
thinks on this issue, so I thought I'd solicit some feedback...

(1) Do you think Ansteorra should have a titled Kingdom Artisan?
Why or why not?

(2) If a titled Kingdom Artisan were to be selected, how should
this person be chosen? Competition? What kind of competition? How
judged? Royal appointment? Other? etc.

(3) What, if any, should be the duties and responsibilities of a
titled Kingdom Artisan, if such were to be selected?

Many thanks!

::GUNNVOR::

----

THE BLESSING OF THORR -- See VAL Gifts' newest designs based on the
Blessing based on a runic inscription from Öland, Sweden, "May
Thórr protect you with that hammer which came from out of the sea
and may the lightning hold all evil away from you."
http://www.cafeshops.com/v_a_l/283408