[Ansteorra] Duct Tape and A Japanese Businessman

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 23 09:31:11 PST 2004

Wasn't there some story a while back in the SCA lists about a Japanese
businessman who was looking for several carloads of duct tape and went
onliine to find a manufacturer to ship to Japan? Because there was so much
traffic in the SCA about duct tape, he wanted to order the carloads from us,
thinking we were one of the manufacturers! (giggle)

What's "sad" with wanting to know where to buy specific-colored duct tape?
It's great if you want to mark SCA ownership of arrows and bolts! Or
anything else, for that matter.

I used colored tape in international travel. I wrapped my luggage handles
with odd colors and then the same on the spine of a travel journal I was
carrying.

When I wanted to claim my luggage on arrival (at a small airport in a
country whose national language was other than English), I produced the book
and pointed to the bags that showed the same colors and sequence. I got my
luggage and was outta there in much less time than those who had to verify
numbers. (American Artist magazine actually paid me money for that tip.)

Like the riddle said:
Why is duct tape like the "Force" (Star Wars)?
Because it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the world
together!

Lete Bithespring (Steppes), still giggling