[Ansteorra] Mailing list interruption

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Wed Dec 29 12:21:35 PST 2004

The mailing list program stopped running for a short time this past
week/weekend. The servers were _never_ down. There is a difference.

The server goes down only three times a year and two of those times
are planned if and when they do upgrades of one form or another. The
third is when the ISP we work with does their upgrades and will give
us notice just prior. Pug and Emma can elaborate more on this or if
the number changes.

It is a very rare occasion that the servers are ever down.

In this instance it is important to note that the servers were not
down, it was a software issue.

They are a very diligent crew and I am very proud to work with them.
They rarely get any recognition or thanks for this work
specifically, only noticed when there is a software problem.

Please take the time to thank Emma and Pug for all their work. Even
when they are off on holiday.

Thank you also to those of you that kept calling and emailing me
about this. I do appreciate the heads up. :)

HL Chiara
Kingdom Webminister