[Ansteorra] Youthful Combatants

Patrickandjulia at aol.com Patrickandjulia at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 11:19:30 PST 2004

Greetings, Ansteorra!

Their Royal Majesties will be making a change to the Marshalate rules.  At
this time, 16 and 17 year old chivalric combatants participate under the Youth
rules.  TRMs are interested in allowing 16 & 17 year olds to participate in
adult combat-related activities with their parent's consent.  By making this
change, Ansteorra will be getting in line with Society rules.  In most other
kingdoms, 16 and 17 year olds currently participate in adult combat-related
activities.  A youthful combatant will be allowed to stay in the Youth category for
those not interested in transitioning to the adult category but will not be
allowed to participate in both, youth and adult combat activities.

If you are a parent with young adults whom this rule would affect, I would be
interested in receiving your comments.  Please feel free to email me at
dukepmg at aol.com through January 7th.

In Service,
Duke Patrick Michael Gordonne
Earl Marshal