[Ansteorra] NORTH SEA RAIDS CANCELED!!! PASS IT ON!
niklas at pbgilbert.net
Thu Feb 12 12:12:36 PST 2004
A short time ago, I spoke with Sir Kief and he along with a consensus of
the officers of the Barony, the B&B and staff of the event and with MUCH
regret and agonizing over whether or not to hold the event, have made the
decision to CANCEL North Sea Raids for this weekend due to weather and site
The National Weather Service is calling for temps very cold on Friday and
Friday evening with rain, possible sleet or snow. Combined with wind chill
of in the 20's, that is pretty miserable.
For Saturday, it does not get much better. The chance of rain drops, but
there is still the chance of snow or sleet and the temp in the day goes to
the 40s, but still near freezing at night.
Combine all this with the inches or more rain we have received over the
past several days that has made the site very wet and muddy and it makes
for a cold, muddy, wet mud feast with the tearing up of the site due to
cars, people and usage due to rain soaked grounds and mud.
NORTH SEA RAIDS IS CANCELED !!!!
Please, contact everyone you can, know or see that the event is canceled.
Plans to reschedule it will be discussed Monday night at the Baronial
Business meeting at the Rayford Road Community Center in Spring at 7pm.
There are tentative plans to reschedule it pending a potential open date.
But, that will be discussed Monday night.
We greatly !! regret that this has been done at such a short notice, but it
Please send/post or copy this notice out far and wide so those that do not
have good connectivity will be informed and can act accordingly.
Thank you for your work, it will not be in vain. We can use and will use it
for the re-scheduled event or for Crown Tourney in May.
See below Sir Kiefs message.
Ansteorrian weather is so fickled and has won this battle, but not the war!
HE Niklas Vasilevich
Baron of Raven's Fort
Heilsa fellow Ansteorrans...
The bad news is that Raven's Fort must CANCEL North Sea Raids...
The good news is that everyone can spend Valentine's Day with
their loved ones in a more temperate environment...
The forecast of temps in the low 40's during the day and at or
below freezing during the night coupled with Wind, Rain, Freezing
Rain, Sleet, and Snow on Friday and Saturday morning are too
much. The site is also extremely muddy and the chances of
hypothermia are all too real.
Raven's Fort may well re-schedule this event...but it will be
after Gulf War.
We apologize to all those good Ansteorrans that have made plans
to travel to our Barony...but we cannot beat the weather.
Your good, but extremely disapointed and frustrated, neighbor...
Kief - Steward of North Sea Raids
Friday. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the morning
then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s.
North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Friday night. Cloudy with rain likely. Rain possibly mixing with
sleet or snow late. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10
mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Saturday. Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain possibly mixed with
sleet or snow early morning. Then a slight chance of rain through
the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
Saturday night. Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly
cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s.
---------end NOAA Forecast-----------
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-714-3198 cellular Society for Creative
AIM Name: KE5ZW
More information about the Ansteorra