[Ansteorra] rapier Question

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 14:28:46 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/5/04 10:56:08 AM Central Standard Time,
mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com writes:

> Apperntly the blade I was thinking of on my earlier question was a safeflex
> dagger, not a rapier. But, I have looked and see that safeflex also makes a
> rapier blade.
>
> It is not listed on the approved list for Ansteorra, but is for some
> kingdoms. Is it under consideration? Is there a reason why we are not allowing it?

This is the first I've heard of a SafeFlex rapier.  To my knowledge, no
SafeFlex rapier has been approved by the society rapier marshal.  They look okay,
but looks can be deceiving.

All blades approved by the SCA rapier marshal are approved by Ansteorra with
the exception of the Tripplet brand dagger blade (not the Tripplet brand
flexidagger blade; it's still okay).  The Darkwood Armory Wideflex dagger is
approved for heavy rapier blade combat only. So if Dylan (the society rapier
marshal) approves them they are okay.

Iago
Rapier Marshal
Ansteorra