[Ansteorra] Non-member data

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 12:03:00 PST 2004

--- Michael Tucker <mtucker at airmail.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 31, 2003, at 12:31  PM, Kaitlyn McKenna wrote:
>
> > Well, yes, actually I have been keeping track of things reported on
>
> > the Event Reports for calendar events. The average percent of
> > non-members at an event based on the event reports turned in thus
> far
> > is 34.9%. The further from the center of the Kingdom, the higher
> the
> > percentage of non-members.  Ansteorra has collected $12420.00 so
> far
> > for 2003.
> >
> > kaitlyn
> >
> > Mistress Kaitlyn McKenna, O.L.
> > Exchequer Ansteorra
> >

> How many paid members are there in Ansteorra?

Time to do the math:

Based on the assumption that the surcharge was $3, I would calculate
that there were approximately...

$12,420/($3/non-member)

...or 4,140 non-member registrations.

Based on the statement that the non-member surcharge occupied about
34.9 percent of all registrations, this means that 65.1 percent of them
were by members, which comes out to...

(4,140/.349)*.651

...or roughly 7,722 member registrations.

As always, YMMV.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)