[Ansteorra] On the topic of Lions

Susan O'Neal catmafia at direcway.com
Mon Jan 5 00:38:54 PST 2004

I had started to work on a reply to my own question of things from 2003 and
never got beyond my first event of the year, it was my first time south of
the Oklahoma border and I throughly loved Steppes.  One of the things about
it that set it apart in my mind from various other events I have attended
was the number of Lions that were in attendence.  It was incredible to see
the Inman of ledgend walk into the hall, one of those truely other time
moments-it followed several stories of events held in real castles and for
a moment Sokol Hall was transformed.

As a relative newcomer, less than 5 years, I have just heard stories about
many of the Lions of Ansteorra and have met a few.  I would love to hear
stories of who they are and the factors about them that make them
Lions.  This is something that is usually transmitted through oral ledgend,
but using this tool would be a wonderful opportunity to share with a large
number of people why these people are so distinguished within our Kingdom.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing many great stories,
Susan the Curious

for those who would like to see info about the order and a list of members
along with the crowns that named them,
http://ansteorra.org/orders/specialty/lions/index.html