[Ansteorra] event appearnces

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 5 16:07:03 PST 2004

At 07:26 AM 1/5/04 -0800, you wrote:

>When I first started I would have loved to see a list of cheap ways to
make my part in an event look more period. So I am asking people to put
their two cents in on what they have learned from experience on ways to
make their stuff just look better.

>1. park cars out of view
>2.
>3.
>4.

5. If you're drinking something modern (like Coke) pour it into a more
period-looking container.
6. If your armor is too modern-looking cover it with a tabard and/or some
baggy pants.
7. Add a torse and mantling to your helm--it'll dress up even the
scruffiest helm.
8. These days there are a number of styles of slip-on shoes that, while
they aren't necessarily completely period-looking, aren't screamingly
mundane either.
9. Put a card table in your pavillion, put a tablecloth over it and hide
the mundane things under it.
10. For lunch, bring period-looking food like summer sausage, cheese or
bread rather than hamburgers or fried chicken.

	-Tivar Moondragon