[Ansteorra] Tales of the Lions of Ansteorra

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 10:05:23 PST 2004

>>From: "Brian & Pam Martin" <twinoak at cox-internet.com>
Much of Ragnar's works can be found at the following link for those who
would like to see some of his original works.
http://66.82.75.68/bjornsborg/rstoc.htm
Some of us who knew him could probably post the occasional story *about*
Ragnar if that's what folks are looking for. :)
Pendaran

I'd actually like to expand on that idea a bit...
I'd like to see tales of the 'Lion's of Ansteorra',
those who inspire us to greater deads and carry the ideal of personna to the highest levels.

For instance, did you know that Thorgard inn Svarti, a Viking, has carved a marker stone for many
of the kingdoms camped at Gulf Wars.  A man of few words, Thorgard carries sandstone from his
native Bjornsborg, home of the Longship Company, to the realms where he travels.  Those in which
he finds hospitality, he will carve and leave a marker stone with the arms of their house, as a
gift in thanks for their generosity.  Check out the garden in front of Baron and Baroness Godwin
and Ellisena's manor home of Stargate, for the stones set there.

Or what of Don Giovanni Lorenzo da Monteflori, a gentleman of small stature, but tall in the
hearts of ladies of Ansteorra, for his poetry and gentle ways would romance their hearts, to the
rivalry of Don Juan of legend.

Ah yes, I remember it well,
Hillary