[Ansteorra] Question 01/14/04 Ansteorra's Greatest Hits

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 08:49:24 PST 2004

My must haves...

The original "Burden of the Crown" written by Baldwin of Erebour.  I hear
this was best done by the aforementioned Master Ragnar, but the other Cat, the
blonde one from down South, does a beautiful version.  :D
Trivia Question: Did Ragnar sing this for Athena at her first coronation?  If
not, does anyone remember what he *did* sing?  I remember him doing a special
song just for her.

I'm stunned no one has mentioned "The Rising of the Star," originally written
by Bathazar of Endor and added to by a whole host of Ansteorrans.  The
version I'd suggest would be sung by Count Finn Kelley O'Donnell with accompaniment
by a choir of Ansteorran warriors - the same way I first heard it when
Ansteorra marched to war at Pennsic XX.

"A Captain's Gift" (other wise known as "Namron") written and sung by Baron
Uriah of Wolfstar.  Trivia note:  this song was a gift for Baroness Gwyneth of
Ramsey Mere from Uriah, who was the Captain of her Baronial Guard.

"Mairin's Song."  I don't know if that is the actual title or not, but it was
written by Baron Lucais du Belier and Baroness Mairin ferch Howell.  Lucais
would, of course, have to sing it.

I don't know if they'd make the cut to a Kingdom's Greatest Hits (being
nowhere near period, nor original filk), but for me the track would definitely have
to contain:

"Golden Eyes" by Mercedes Lackey as sung by Duke Inman MacMoore

"The Maid on the Shore" as sung by Sir Jonathan MacNaughton

> Song sung to Queen at her Champion's tourney

I believe the title to this is simply "Queen's Champion" and it is by Don
Thorland O'Shea and Myfanwy ferch Tangwystil (sorry about spelling errors. I'm
not Welsh :)  Trivia point:  It was written for Countess Catherine Blackrose's
Queen's Champion Tourney.