[Ansteorra] Question for Seawinds 20th Year Celebration

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 13:33:53 PST 2004

> <<"What is your fondest memory of Seawinds?"
> HL John Lightfoot
> co-autocrat Coastal Invasion/Seawinds 20th Year Celebration
> lightfootcim at aol.com

Ah shucks!  I'll share my memories with everyone...
I remember the event over in the Ingleside park, and the wind was blowing so strong! Then it
rained hard that night, and I think it was Rhodri's tent that got flooded, or was it Michael
Silverhands?

Seawinds traveling the early years: Ben Ruben and his hareem of dancing ladies, at Lions events.

But, my fondest memories are of the Abbey.  I truly enjoyed the sheer pleasure some of the monks
had of our historic play, as we epitomize a time of church history when many Orders were founded.
I treasured the opportunity to join in the 5pm Vespers service, the brothers would change the
service to a Byzantine style, complete with incense, chants in English so we could join in the
singing.  And Brother Dominique!! (wasn't that his name?), who created a small illumination to
enter in the arts contest one early year, and was so disappointed to find the contest had to be
cancelled for some reason.  I made him pull out his work and we chatted for an hour over
historic scrolls. I think the Seawinds events at the Abbey -made- his whole year.  I will always
remember his smiling face; for me, he was part of Seawinds.

Cheers, Hillary
who is planning to attend the 20th Anniversary, are you??)