[Ansteorra] Covers (was Site Etiquette)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 09:43:41 PST 2004

On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 11:09 AM, David Backlin wrote:
> I have seen a few (very few, actually) dome tents painted to resemble a
> stone hut. I've also seen a merchant pavilion painted to resemble a
> small
> stone castle.
Well, except for the usual bright colored synthetic material, there are
late period engravings of German tents which look very much like modern
dome tents. Disguising one might be as easy as a simple cover.
dometents-pic      (3K)  9/21/94    German Landsknecht camp, painted
1500-1550.
                                       featuring dome tents.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DWELLINGS/dometents-pic.rtf

For some info on disguising other mundane tents, perhaps this file
might help:
tent-dsguises-msg (23K)  9/23/98    Ideas for disguising modern tents.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DWELLINGS/tent-dsguises-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas