[Ansteorra] New Topic-favorite SCA moment of 2003

Julie Cunningham Julie at ettros.com
Mon Jan 5 16:38:48 PST 2004

2003 was a very special year to me, in many ways. There are so many people I met this year and so many more that I want to get to know. I re-discovered some long lost friends in the SCA as well.

So many fun events, but several stand out in my mind for 2003. I had a great time going to Steppes Artisan - even though it was hotter than heckola.  The dancing was so much fun!  Here it was 110 in the hall and there are several of us die-hards dancing. Then dinner - the conversation was lively!RT is a hoot and a half!  What a fun feast it was.

Three Queens - the site was lovely!  The land gently sloped into a lake, where the fog floated in the early morn.  The moon and stars were framed by wonderful, tall trees! I moved my tent in such a way to watch the night sky as I fell asleep. Thanks to house Arkham (did I spell it right?!?!) They took me in and made me feel welcome at Three Queens. Jacques  - you make the TOTALLY BEST bread pudding!!!!

The Bryn Gwlad Baronial event also stands out. I loved Pendaran's Henry VIII and the wonderful puppet show, the dancing and intimate bardic circle. The best bardic was at Crown Tourney in the Tor.  All of these events stick out the most in my mind for 2003.

Special people, well there are many but Connor, Catalina and Osanna the most.  They encoraged me when I needed it most. Osanna - love ya babes!

Although I will not get to travel as often this year, I am looking forward to 2004 and getting to know more of you.  Ansteorra and Steppes mean such a great deal to me, more than you know.

Blessings to all for 2004

Lady Kathryn of Ayr
Steppes