[Ansteorra] event appearnces

GearyandDyan Johnson swordandneedle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 07:29:38 PST 2004

After our 2nd event, we purchased a treated canvas tarp from the Army Navy Surplus for about $50., added reinforcement leather patches on the gromets, wood post with painted wood finials, slider ropes & colorful dags. It's now 14 yrs.old & is still used regularly. Then, we added a wooden box to hide the cooler (also helps ice last much longer) & a table...these are made from cedar fence pickets & the table has detachable post legs, a slip fit bench of treated plywood (stained) stacks flat for packing, chairs (or tables & beds) made the same are inexpensive & easy, too.
Replications & Props both have a place in the SCA, for ambience enhances every event & everyone's vision!
Grimver...the Wood Butcher
Dyan...the Wood Butcher's Lady Wife

Mahee <mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com> wrote:
When I first started I would have loved to see a list of cheap ways to make my part in an event look more period. So I am asking people to put their two cents in on what they have learned from experience on ways to make their stuff just look better.

1. park cars out of view
2.
3.
4.