[Ansteorra] On the topic Ragnar

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 09:28:32 PST 2004

What a wonderful inducement to travel, however,  a very few of us must bow
to time. I would love to travel, as I did in younger days, even going on
pilgrimage to Jerusalem once, but, becoming 65 this year, I rarely get out
of Steppes/Elfsea territory. Not that I am afraid of brigands on the road,
but I just find it harder on the old bones. (My leech is useless for that
problem. He asks what I consider the alternative to getting older and
smiles.)

It was for this reason that I asked for a book of the tales, to read while
sitting in my manorhouse, sipping a warm drink and musing over wonderous
things.

Perhaps, God willing (and the creek at Canton doesn't rise), I will be able
to go to Warlord again this year---or Ansteorra's fabulous Argent
Anniversary---and meet those whose hearts harbor Ragnar's legacy and to hear
from their own lips that which they have heard.

Lacking that, I remain in hopes that the book will yet come to pass in my
lifetime...

Lete Bithespring