[Ansteorra] the Kingdom Website

Cellach Ferguson cellach at breezykilt.com
Thu Jan 22 10:44:18 PST 2004

Why does one repaint their living room when the paint is not yet peeling?
Because it looks a bit old and tired.  After several years, the site simply
needed a makeover.  It was done, if for no other reason, than to simply keep
things fresh.  Ansteorra is no different than any other group from any other
walk of life.  On occasion, you simply need to freshen things up a bit.

Is it change for the sake of change?  No.  One of the things we have to do
is to make sure we keep our SCA lives from going stale.  Making simple
changes in order to deflect ourselves from massive overhauls to a Society
that we've all had a hand in builidng is favorabale, no?

We don't have officers, VScribe included, to just sit around and maintain
what was useful last decade.  If we are to grow, we can't just let things
lie.  Being proactive is why there is an Ansteorra in the first place.
Personally, I find continued citizenship in Mother Attenveldt less desirable
than that "new fangled Ansteorra business".

I redesigned the College of Heralds site for the same reason.  The
originator of the CoH site, Francois, recently expressed amazement that it
lasted as long as it did!

Ok, Aethelstan, I can be at your house in 10 minutes and I'll rochambeau you
for it!  I have a feeling that this discussion calls for several Guiness and
a stumbling ride home from your house.... again!  (Clearly, there must be
some corrolation between the amount of scotch that flows at your house and
computer repair!)

Cellach Ferguson