[Ansteorra] the Kingdom Website and the Map

Kelandra Carmichael kelandra_c at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:30:02 PST 2004

Greetings all,
Lady Chiara and her crew have in my opinion made a very stellar improvement
to the web site. Surely after a period of adjustment everyone will find it
just as useful as the old site.

I am the cartographer who made the map on the web site. The Terra Ansterorra
as I call it, is loosely based on some mapping styles found in later period
Mappi Mundi and Portolan maps. Mappi Mundi and Portolan maps come from all
thru out medieval times.

This map was not meant to serve as a road map just an image of the kingdom
for the purpose of showing the groups. My apologies for the confusion caused
by the slightly misaligned locations. The locations were partly done, as
they are, to recreate the feel and inaccuracy of medieval maps. The Terra
Ansteorra was based on the old kingdom map from the previous web site and
not a modern atlas. I am not laying blame only explaining this because many
historical maps exhibit inconsistencies that carried from one map to
another.

All that said I would gladly update the map if the Kingdom Virtual Scribe
wishes it.

Thank you all for your comments and compliments; I do very much appreciate
them.
If you wish to, please, send any further comments or suggested changes to:

ian1550 at sbcglobal.net

Kind Regards,
Laird Ian Dun Gillan