[Ansteorra] Fwd: [MedievalTrivia] Alastair's Heraldry Link Site O'the Day! (Heraldic Templates)

Chari cecelie at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 2 11:44:42 PDT 2004

I have been given permission from the author of this post to forward it.

In Service,
Cecelie

For starters, a brief introduction:

I am Maestro Hirsch von Henford, OL, OP, Baron of the Court of the West,
etc., etc., etc. I am the Golem Herald for the West Kingdom (Website, other
electronic/computer-related things), creator of a Windows version of the
Ordinary and Armorial search, and more. I've been a herald in the SCA for
most of my many years (27? Give or take a year or two ...).

The reason I joined this list:
Specifically, I am here (at the suggestion of someone else), to seek
assistance from any heraldic artists that have lots of time on their hands
and are looking for an interesting (I hope) project, aimed at assisting
folk in the Known World with drawing their armory ...

I started out working with artists in the West Kingdom, but so far my
artists tend to be busy, dealing with pregnancies, disabilities ... and the
project that I started is sort of stalled out.

The concept: A set of *ONLINE* templates of armorial elements that can be
printed and traced over onto standard submission forms.

If you are interested, please visit the current version at:

http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Templates/index.htm

If you are willing to assist, please contact me directly and I will send
you to a different web page aimed specifically at the artists to give clear
guidelines for what we're doing.

I note on the main page of this that it's an ongoing project, and far from
being complete, if it ever will be. However, with the assistance of
talented people (I cannot draw to save my life ... well, maybe to save my
life, but it wouldn't be pretty ), we can make a big dent in it.

Thanks in advance for your interest ...

Hirsch

hirsch at GOLDENSTAG.NET

Alastair Aeyalweard