[Ansteorra] SCA Trailers?

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Jul 12 13:31:47 PDT 2004

I have a 5'x8' enclosed cargo trailer and I love it.

It is light enough thay when empty I can move it around by hand.  It
is weather tight and can be locked up securely so I am not afraid to
store stuff in it for a length of time.

When i was looking at trailers I decided on the 5'x8' because it was
as big as I needed and still small enough that I can pull it behind
my Nissan Pathfinder with no problems.  I am only 5'7" so I can just
barely stand up in the trailer.

I have metal "breadrack" shelving along one side and the front of
the trailer to organize things.  They are free-standing shelves and
I have bars and wing-nuts that hold them securely to the walls when
they are installed  yet I can remove them all in about 2 minutes if
I need the trialer open for something larger.  Also when I get to
Pennsic or Gulf War I take the shelving out and set them in our
Pavillion or Kitchen tents and they are usefull during the week.

My 5x8 trailer also has the advantage of being small enough that I
can actually set my period pavillion up over it and nobody knows the
trailer is in there unless I tell them.  When I have it setup that
way I setup my bed inside the trailer andh ave a warm, cozy, and dry
bedroom.

When making my purchasing decision I chose the "XL Cargo" line from
the General Cargo brand of trailers.  The where a little bit more
sturdy for the price.  They have heavier walls with 3/8" OSB walls
instead of just 1/8" Luan that so many others have, they had treated
3/4" tongue and groove plywood floors, and heavier axle and full
size wheels and tires.  And they are made in Ansteorra.

I have been very happy with the trailer.

Regards,

--
Arcus Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra