[Ansteorra] AAA memories

mtucker at airmail.net mtucker at airmail.net
Tue Jul 13 09:09:20 PDT 2004

> What are your most vivid and/or interesting memories of our Argent
> Anniversary?
>
> Annes

The joust on Saturday morning hosted by the Company of the Grail.

If you'd been there, you would have seen history: history being relived,
as it might have appeared 600 years ago; and history being made. Although
there had been a couple of "test" jousts at prior events, this was the
first "full on" sanctioned jousting event in the history of the SCA.

It was magnificent! The horses were arrayed in beautiful caparisons; the
riders were dressed in their best, flying by with crests atop their helms,
shields braced and bright lances at the ready. Between passes, combatants
on foot entertained the lady's gallery with bouts of honor and prowess.
All to the tunes of a live "loud band" (sacbuts, shawm and cornetto),
playing period music of festivals and pageants.

If you were there, you witnessed history. What a glorious way to celebrate
25 years of history in our kingdom! I can think of no finer way, other
than by remembering those who made us great (the history exhibit in the
hall), or by honoring the traditions they created.

Yours,
Michael Silverhands