[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Thrones

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 19:27:15 PDT 2004

Gentles, if you have an opportunity, look at the Ansteorran thrones used at
AAA.

Elsewhere and afterwards, I had a chance to see the thrones "close up and
personal." They are *magnificent*! The brasswork on them is awe inspiring,
down to the little bows on the sides and the "wheat"(?) up the sides of the
backrest. Where ever did you find it, Bre'nain?

The "pillow" seats are "anchored" and bounded by black rope with a tassel
"tie" beneath each arm's hand rest. The use of the yellow and black
Ansteorran motif for the upholstery is perfectly set off by the red accents.

The wood is smooth, nice to the touch, and the graining is so beautifully
displayed.

I agree with the rest of the populace--Vivats for the loving care and
professional level of expertise of our own Bre'nain MacGilla Pa'traic, mka
Noble Field!

(I know now where to go when I finally need those bothersome dining room
chairs of mine recovered...)

Still in amazement...

HL :-)  Lete Bithespring

(As to how heavy they are...well...I personally know two women who carried
and manuvered each of the thrones. It can be done, guys.)