[Ansteorra] Fights and the Like

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Jul 15 09:03:44 PDT 2004

Thursday night.  Few gentles were on site yet, and most of those would
be building their own encampments, not yet ready to fight.  Yeah.  So we
thought.  We expected to host a Torchlight Tourney of, maybe, 10
fighters, and counted ourselves lucky when that number signed in to
fight.  And then more came.  And more.  And more.  And thus ensued a
Tourney that was an embarrassment of courageous and strong fighters,
each vying with the others to bring honor to s/he who inspired him that
night.  In the end, one was left standing, and while few were all that
surprised, they joined in congratulating him, thus showing the grace our
fighters are so known for.  Another was given honor for just plain
beautiful Chivalry.  He, too, was celebrated for his skill.

As just one of the Chirurgeons and Waterbearers lucky enough to secure a
champion (hi, Justin!) for that event, I thank every fighter, and in
fact every gentle who came out and blessed our first Tourney.  There
will be others, I am sure.  But this was the first, and it was
wonderful.

Humbly,
Gerita del Mare
Deputy Kingdom Chirurgeon/Training

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross