[Ansteorra] The Middle of Summer

David Backlin edrei at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 4 21:59:04 PDT 2004

As we bid farewell to the 4th of July weekend, we bid farewell to the
unofficial middle of Summer. Can Autumn be that far behind?

While you're thinking of the middle of Summer, don't forget Mid-Summer
Knight's Dream. Yes, MSKD will be upon us before we know it (Labor Day
weekend to be specific). Make your plans now to attend what promises to be
Gleann Abhann's biggest event of the Summer (not counting that big war in
the east).

As always, we will have something for everyone including a Foxhunt and a
DiGrassi Buckler Tournament for the Light fighters, a Fledgling Tournament,
a 2-Man Team Tourney and a Loot Tourney for those favoring Armored (Heavy)
Combat.

Not a fighter? How about Archery? We will be holding  both Adult and Youth
Archery competitions.

If the Arts and Sciences are more to your liking, we have 2 seperate
competitions:

-Greek or Roman in any medium (judged by the populace)
-Open Catagory A&S (any period item-- must be made on site)

As part of our toga party, we're also having a COGA party with classes to
interest nearly everyone (including several COGA approved courses.  If you
would like to teach a class, please contact our Class Provost, Lady Eva.

Did I mention we're having a quest?  Smythkepe's own Lord Seamas will once
again be leading you on with another of  his infamous quests.  And let's not
forget the Anvil Toss (this is Smythkepe: of COURSE we have an Anvil Toss).

For a mere pittance of $17 (or $12 for Children 6-18) you can enjoy a full
weekend of fun and entartainment and feasting (let's not forget the Feastus
Maximus!)

Non-members, please add $3

Off-board deduct $6 (remember: that means NO FEAST !! But fear not! We're on
the edge of the Ouchita National Forest so you should be able to find plenty
of nuts, berries, and maybe even a couple squirrels or rabbits.

Daytrip (and miss all the fun?) deduct $5

A *Limited*  number of bed spaces are available for an additional $5 for the
entire weekend... please contact the Autocrat for details.

Merchants welcome with no set-up fees (donations for the prize chest or
volunteer raffle accepted).

For more information, please contact one of the following:

Autocrat: Ld Cinaed of Eden (mka Ken Eden) cinaed_of_eden at yahoo.com

Feastacrat: Amber Morgan  (mka Laura Holland) ambermorgan at hotmail.com

Class Provost; Ly Eva Helena Vettori (mka Laura Lovell)
soscogaprovost at yahoo.com

Merchant-crat: Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka David Backlin) edrei at earthlink.net

For Reservations, please make checks payable to SCA Inc/Shire of Smythkepe
and mail them to:

Shire of Smythkepe
Reservation- MSKD XII
P.O. Box 5505