[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Thrones

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 09:32:04 PDT 2004

They looked marvelous! It took me a few minutes, but I finally recognized
them. It meant a lot to me to see them again.

I don't know if you have ever heard about the history of the thrones, but
what I heard way back when (and I can still remember) was that the thrones
were originally donated by the Shire of Gwyndebourne - later to be known as
the Shire of Middleford.  I don't remember if they were bought or donated
from a group -  I want to say it was the Knights of Columbus, but it may
have been from a Masonic temple. I'm not sure when they were donated, but I
know it was prior to my joining in 1978, or about the same time. It was
probably during TRH Constance and Randall's reign. I remember that
Gwyndebourne had a really big revel in the spring of 1978 and it may have
been donated then, or at Randall and Constance's elevation (and marriage),
or at the first Candelmas that year.  I'll look back through my papers and
pictures to see if I have any evidence of their dates.

HL Gilli might know more about it, but he was stationed in Germany during
part of that time. And to Gerita, they didn't use to break down at all.
That's why they stayed in Lloyd's house.

Mistress Xene
Another old dinosaur