[Ansteorra] Fund raising for Shanahan the Fey of Stargate

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 09:41:19 PDT 2004

>From: Ldyinnes at aol.com
>Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Fund raising for Shanahan the Fey of Stargate
>I would like to help this lady, however, I find myself without funds also
>after being out of work since 2 weeks  before thanksgiving.  my unemployment has
>run out, and I have no money either.  However, I would never dream of asking
>other members of my kingdom to help me financially.  I find that I couldnt
>even go the   AAA this past weekend.
>Innes

Lady Innes,
I understand your comments above, and can agree with much of it.  I have been out of work for a
long periods of time in early 80's (dating myself) during the recession, and on unemployment as
well; and know how hard it is to ask for help, even from family.  It takes a lot of courage and
putting aside of pride to express the need that Shanahan finally did to the Ansteorran family.
Shanahan is not the first to ask for assistance from friends in the SCA, and she will not be the
last.  Quite frankly, I know of many others in Stargate and Ansteorra who are out of work, and
struggling.

Shanahan did not ask for funds, she asked for packers and movers to take her possessions into
their care, to help her organize what things she is desparate to keep as she is being foreclosed
on within two weeks; and I intend to help her pack.  But there are many in this kingdom not close
to Stargate, who also heard the call for help, want to assist, asked what branch Shanahan was from
so they could help, but are unable to do so due to distance.  I took it upon myself to find out
Shanahan's modern name, and where money could be sent (since her address will disappear in a few
weeks); as I myself wanted that same information, so thought to share it.

If folks want to send a gift, now they have a direction in which to offer help.
Else, they can just delete these e-mails.

It's h*ll to get old and ill in health, but it's a bit easier when friends are near.
Hillary