[Ansteorra] Thrones

Anne Shaw anneshaw21 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 16 10:57:43 PDT 2004

The thrones were donated by the Knights of Columbus Lodge in Copperas Cove/Kempner in the spring of 1978.
They were moved to the back room of the Bunker Hobby Shop in Copperas Cove, where they spent six weeks undergoing restoration.

They were presented to His Highness Sean McFlamm (I forget the exact date and event), by the members of Gwyndebourne.  The donation was listed
as being worth $150.  The largest single donation given at the time.

It's good to know that they're still around.

HL Nomaan Bucharde
(Older, but no dinosaur)

They looked marvelous! It took me a few minutes, but I finally recognized
them. It meant a lot to me to see them again.

I don't know if you have ever heard about the history of the thrones, but
what I heard way back when (and I can still remember) was that the thrones
were originally donated by the Shire of Gwyndebourne - later to be known as
the Shire of Middleford.  I don't remember if they were bought or donated
from a group -  I want to say it was the Knights of Columbus, but it may
have been from a Masonic temple. I'm not sure when they were donated, but I
know it was prior to my joining in 1978, or about the same time. It was
probably during TRH Constance and Randall's reign. I remember that
Gwyndebourne had a really big revel in the spring of 1978 and it may have
been donated then, or at Randall and Constance's elevation (and marriage),
or at the first Candelmas that year.  I'll look back through my papers and
pictures to see if I have any evidence of their dates.

HL Gilli might know more about it, but he was stationed in Germany during
part of that time. And to Gerita, they didn't use to break down at all.
That's why they stayed in Lloyd's house.

Mistress Xene
Another old dinosaur