[Ansteorra] Seeking To Aid The Kingdom Of Ansteorra

Barat barat at cox.net
Tue Jul 20 09:42:04 PDT 2004

Relax people.

The map in the Black Star is not there so people can get to an event.
It's simple there to show in what general area each group is located.
It's not 100% accurate. Big deal. If someone is looking to contact a
group they are not going to jump in their car and drive there using
that map.

As for why the kingdom chronicler has not used a more accurate map: I
would guess he has significantly more important things to spend his
time on - such as fixing the "high quality" event announcements some
groups submit to him. Actually I don't have to guess, he does have more
important things to spend his time on than this.

For those of you who have not held the office of Kingdom Chronicler you
should be aware that it is significantly more work than most would
think. Bad event announcements that have to be fixed, late event
announcements that are the norm and not the exception, people
complaining that their contact information is wrong - without ever
taking the time to send in a correction first (or complaining on the
mailing list rather than talking to him directly). Did you see the
beautiful site handout at AAA? That was produced by our kingdom
chronicler in his spare time.

To be blunt, the current kingdom chronicler is producing the best
looking Black Star this kingdom has ever seen. For that matter, he is
producing a better kingdom newsletter than any other kingdom has ever
seen (and yes, I have seen what the other kingdoms produce). He is,
somewhat to my annoyance, producing a better looking kingdom newsletter
than I did. Partly that is do to his access to low cost color
duplication equipment. But it is mostly due to his hard work.

To H.L. Alexander Ravenshaw I say good work and keep it up. Some of us
appreciate your hard work on our behalf.

H.L. Barat FitzWalter Reynolds
Former Kingdom Chronicler - Kingdom of Ansteorra
M.K.A. Stephen Pursley
Sr. Graphic Designer / Web Master - ClimateMaster, Inc.
Adjunct Professor of Graphic Communications - Oklahoma City Community
College