[Ansteorra] DON'T FORGET!!!!!!

David Backlin edrei at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 23:11:25 PDT 2004

Don't forget: Mid Summer Knight's Dream is almost here!

In just a few short weeks, Smythkepe puts on its ultimate event of the year.
We have lots of fun things planned: Loot tourney, Fledgling Tourney,
Gladiator Games, Classes (never let it be said Smythkepe has no class),
Anvil Toss, Archery... and of course, a feast!

Who knows? If you come for the Gladiator Games, you could go home with a
Viking Horsemans Axe or a Rattan Gladius.

And the Loot Tourney? Just think of all the goodies you could walk away with
if you win this tourney. In years past, loot has consisted of a homemade
chair, some leather, some spare armor, and even a few rolls of duct tape
(can you EVER have enough duct tape?).

And of course, there's the traditional Torchlight Dagger Duel on Friday
night.

What? You say you've already made other plans? CHANGE THEM! Sure there are
other events, but have you ever NOT had fun at a Smythkepe event?  Ig the
fighting doesn't appeal to you, there are alwasy the classes. If not the
classes, then shop our fine selection of merchants. If nothing else, take a
nice stroll through the Ouchita National Forest  and see how many different
species of plants you can find ;)

All this can be yours for the paltry sum of  $17 (or $12 for Children 6-18)
INCLUDING the Feastus Maximus!

Non-members, please add $3

Deduct $6 for Off Board (but don't say we never told you: that means NO
FEAST !! And it's 12 miles to the closest Mickey D's unless you'd rather go
hunting for nuts and berries in the forest. Maybe you can catch a couple
squirrels or a rabbit.)

Daytrip (DON'T YOU DARE! You'll miss all the fun) Deduct $5

Merchant space is still available with no set-up fees (though donations for
the prize chest or volunteer raffle are gladly accepted).

There are still a *few* cabin spaces available, but you better contact the
Autocrat today to reserve your spot. Rather camp out under the stars? You
can do that too... we have plenty of space.

Where is this? It's at the Rogers Scout Ranch just off Arkansas Highway 23
at Ione, AR.

Need more information?  Please contact one of the following:

Autocrat: Ld Cinaed of Eden (mka Ken Eden) cinaed_of_eden at yahoo.com

Feastacrat: Amber Morgan  (mka Laura Holland) ambermorgan at hotmail.com

Class Provost; Ly Eva Helena Vettori (mka Laura Lovell)
soscogaprovost at yahoo.com

Merchant-crat: Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka David Backlin) edrei at earthlink.net

For Reservations, please make checks payable to SCA Inc/Shire of Smythkepe
and mail them to:

Shire of Smythkepe
Reservation- MSKD XII
P.O. Box 5505