[Ansteorra] Library at Argent Anniversary

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 07:23:39 PDT 2004

Greetings Good Gentles,

At Argent Anniversary we shall offer a Library.

Please bring your books to share for the weekend. All subjects are welcome,
including Children's Books, historical, craft, and source books from your
fields of interest.

Transporting your books in heavy duty milk crates will make them easier to
carry, and the crates will become our bookshelves. Please put your name on your
milk crate. An extra crate would be welcome.

Please make sure ahead of time that your name is inside each of your books. A
return address label works good for this.

The books will be checked in and out only to their owners, and never leave
the guarded area.

Please bring two copies of your book list. You will keep one and we keep the
other to double check when you pick up your books.

I have never had any trouble with things disappearing or getting damaged in
the library, as we are all on our honor in the SCA, but someone will be on duty
at all times. Volunteers??

The Library will gladly accept class handouts, pictures, or other articles to
add to our files.

Having run such a Library numerous times for the Royal University in
Meridies, I say to those who would object to sharing by declaring "I paid too much for
my books" come see my Book of Kells, purchased in Ireland at Tara.

The populace has always generously joined in and gathered many shelves of
books, and enjoyed viewing the collection of National Geographic Historical maps,
and articles on SCA topics gleaned from Tournaments Illuminated, class notes,
and other sources.

Come, cool off, study, and relax at the Library.

Yours in Service

HL Ciar nic Ruadhan O'Seachnasaigh
MoAS, Barony of the Steppes